Results from 2014 AIP audit on institutional web sites, 2014 Active Transparency Rating for Bulgaria and the 2014 Budget, Financial Transparency and Integrity of Municipalities Map
The results were presented on April 2, 2014 at the Press Club of the Bulgarian News Agency, Sofia.
The aim of the audit, which AIP performs since 2006, is to evaluate how the executive bodies fulfill their obligations for proactive publication of information online under the Access to Public Information Act and other legal regulations and to assess their readiness to respond to electronic requests.
2014 Аudit on Institutional Web Sites
- Performed within the period 3 February – 3 March 2014
- 534 web sites reviewed of 535 executive bodies at a central, regional, and local level, and also public-law entities and 7 independent state bodies
- 535 electronic requests were filed for a copy of the last public procurement contract signed by the institution in 2013.
2014 Active Transparency Rating
- The level of transparency was evaluated on the base of updated 66 (75 for the municipalities) indicators. The possible total was 69.4 (82.4 for municipalities)
- 2014 Active Transparency Rating was launched on the base of the indicators
- Comparative 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ratings allow for a review of the active transparency development in Bulgaria
- New functionality of the web based auditing module allows for the generation of different type of ratings – by type of public body, by administrative region, regional structures and their principal ministry.
2014 Budget, Financial Transparency and Integrity Map
- The 2014 Audit on institutional web sites had a focus on Budget, Financial Transparency and Integrity, incorporating a new section of indicators
- 2014 Budget, Financial Transparency and Integrity Map of Municipalities was launched to illustrate also geographically the fulfillment of obligations for online publication of budget and financial information and also information related to public officials’ integrity.
The results are incorporated from AIP Information Management System and are for the first time all available in English. The system allows for attachment of the responses of the institutions on the access to information requests and visualizes the results
Analysis of the results, including findings and conclusions is authored by Gergana Jouleva, AIP Executive Director and is part of AIP annual report Access to Information in Bulgaria 2013.
Comparative data from AIP audits 2011 – 2014 and 2013 Audit results by type of public body are available in English.